Employment law is an area that has, in the last few years, seen the greatest concentration of new laws and regulations, forcing all employers to review their working practices to ensure that these are still legal and provide the best defence in the event of a problem.
It is against this background of constantly changing law regulations that the proactive approach of Morgan Russell is of great benefit. We recognise that it is almost impossible for our clients to know when constant changes in employment regulations are affecting them. Therefore, once we have assisted a client in this area we will provide regular updates on new or proposed changes to regulations that may cause problems.
Our close working association with a number of experienced Chartered Accountants enables us to not only advise clients on the alternatives available for a particular situation, but to evaluate the cost to them as an employer and the net benefits to the employees, allowing the full picture to be seen before a final decision is made.
We are able to assist our clients in the following employment areas:
- Assistance in employment matters when buying and selling businesses.
- Contracts of employment - We draft terms and conditions of employment and service agreements, including restrictive covenants and garden leave to protect the employer.
- Dealing with changes in the law - We can issue regular employment articles to help our clients keep abreast of new and proposed changes.
- Dealing with problem employees - We draft policies and procedures and advise on handling problems, including dismissals. We can assist with risk assessment and the value of claims and compromise agreements where appropriate.
- Discrimination legislation - We advise on the drafting of equal opportunity, race and disability policies and defending claims at employment tribunals.
- Employers' health checks - We offer a special service to new clients by reviewing their current practices and documentation and advising on action required.
- Employment policies and procedures - Employees are an important resource. We aim to help our clients maintain good relations by developing sound policies and procedures and also advise on their implementation.
- Redundancies - Schemes and advice on consultation procedures.
- Remuneration and benefit packages - We offer advice on remuneration and benefit packages, including bonus share options, executive share schemes and tax advice for employers and employees.
- Wrongful and unfair dismissals - We will assess the merits and value of claims and compromise agreements where appropriate.