It is against a background of constantly changing employment laws and regulations that the proactive approach of Morgan Russell is of great benefit.
We work closely with accountants and tax advisers where required. This enables us to not only advise clients on the alternatives available for a particular situation, but to evaluate the cost to them as an employer and the net benefits to the employees, allowing the full picture to be seen before a final decision is made.
We have strong relationships with employment law firms across Europe and worldwide to assist where international employment issues arise. Your attention is drawn to the 'Employment Law Country Comparison' which compares employment law in England and Wales, Ireland, Germany, France, The Netherlands, Spain and Switzerland.
We are able to assist our clients in the following employment areas:
- Assistance in employment matters when buying and selling a business
- Contracts of employment – we draft tailored terms and conditions of employment and service agreements, including restrictive covenants and garden leave provisions to protect the employer
- Dealing with changes in the law – we issue regular employment law articles to help our clients keep abreast of new and proposed changes
- Dealing with problem employees – we draft policies and procedures and advise on handling problems, including dismissals. We can assist with risk assessment, the value of claims and compromise agreements where appropriate
- Discrimination legislation – we advise on the drafting of equal opportunity, race and disability policies and defending claims at employment tribunals
- Employers’ health checks – we offer a service to new clients, reviewing their current practices and documentation and advising on action required
- Employment litigation - we undertake Tribunal, High Court and County Court work
- Employment policies and procedures – employees are an important resource. We aim to help our clients maintain good relations by developing sound policies and procedures and also advise on their implementation
- Recruitment – offer letters are important documents that can contain contractual obligations. We ensure that employers do not trip up at this significant first hurdle
- Redundancies – schemes and advice on consultation procedures
- Remuneration and benefit packages – we offer advice on remuneration and benefit packages, including bonus, share options, executive share schemes and tax advice for employers and employees
- Reorganisation, outsourcing and redundancy
- TUPE - our experienced team is able to advise on all areas of human resources management
- Expatriate employees – we provide a range of services to assist employers with expatriate employees, for example, making visa applications
We also provide training courses for employers and for staff in the following areas:
- Handling Disciplinary Matters
- Dealing with Absences
- Disciplinary, Dismissal and Grievance Procedures
- How to Deal with Discrimination Issues in the Work Place
- Contracts of Employment
- Hiring Staff – the Procedures to Follow
- Handling Redundancy
- Dismissal – Getting it Right
- Company Policies
This is not an exhaustive list of courses available as each course is tailored to address an employer’s individual concerns and requirements.Shuttle mediation
is merely the process of mediators aiding contrasting events to reach an agreement without the clients being present in the very same area at a mediation meeting.